By Amanda Cleary Eastep
You’re trying to run a business. Who has time for social media let alone a weekly–or even a monthly–blog?
None of us really. We’re all busy with the day-to-day tasks of our businesses.
But we make time for that which we deem as having value. And what value does a blog add to your business?
The list is long. But if you’re starting out, you can start small.
Here are two important reasons to blog.
1) Online engagement with the people you already serve
2) The potential for generating new leads
What the numbers say
A survey by Hubspot reports:
- 57% of companies using blogs reported that they acquired customers from leads generated directly from their blog.
- 85% of businesses rated their company blogs as “useful”, “important” or “critical”; a whopping 27% rated their company blog as “critical” to their business.
- Businesses are now in the minority if they do not blog. From 2009 to 2011 the percentage of businesses with a blog grew from 48% to 65%.
Are you in the minority? The numbers are telling, but the question remains…
WHO will write your blog and WHAT should that person write about?
I’ll answer that in my next post!